I provided my children with a writing assignment. The topic was “Uninvention”. They must choose something they wish had never been invented and tell why. I can only imagine what their response will be. Just for fun, here are a few of the things I wish were never invented.
- Skylanders-It isn’t bad enough that I have to buy another video game, but these things have a gozillion different pieces. And of course, to unlock something else, they must have each and every piece. The same could be said for Infinity and Lego Dimensions.
- gum-Though I like to chew gum myself, I’ve never been fond of finding it in toy boxes…or my car…or the floor. My most unfavorite place to find it would be in a child’s hair.
- Check out line stands-I’m not even sure how to word that one. It seems that for every check out line, there is a boatload of stuff to keep my children wanting until I make it to the end of the line. The Wal-Mart ones are the most versatile…everything from candy to speakers for your ipod. Old Navy has a pretty good one too. Nothing like Hello Kitty to keep Mom saying “no”!
- Bills-Do I really need to explain that one?
- Scales-Some days, I just really don’t wanna step on one, but it’s there, just looking at me, like “go ahead, you know you are curious”.
That’s my current annoyance list…but it is only Monday and I still have the rest of the week to get through!