Without rules..there would be complete chaos in my house. I mean…there are 4 full time children, 1 part time manchild, 1 grown man that should be an adult but often acts like a child, a yorkie and two huskies…ohhhh and there is poor ole me, the grown up who has to keep order. So, these are the rules that usually get me though the day..
- Don’t care who left it open, you should close it.
- If you or any of your siblings are not broken or bleeding, do not yell at me while I’m working.
- If my bathroom door is closed, take 15 steps away from the door, and wait for my return. (This is the least followed rule.)
- Clean your room only if you want to. Just remember that if you don’t, I will. (And I use trash bags.)
- Do as I say, not as I do. (I can eat chocolate before breakfast if I want to. I am a grown up.)
- If the dog is beating on the door with his head…let him in! It means Mom forgot him…again.
- Use indoor voices in the house. If I can hear your outdoor voices while outside when I am in the house and it still sounds like you are screaming in my ear….use indoor voices outdoors too!
- If you harm yourself doing something I told you not to do, don’t tell me. I will laugh and say “I TOLD YOU SO!”
- Privacy is not a requirement. If I don’t get respect, neither do you.
- Brody (yorkie) is like another child. He must be treated like a brother.
- No cursing…unless it is football season..and Steelers are playing.
***All rules are subject to change at any time as I am Mom…keeper and enforcer of the rules.***